Note: We are in need of diapers size 2-6 and baby wipes.
Other Ways to Donate
We need and welcome your individual financial support, but there are also many other ways you can support the programs and services at The Maine Children's Home. For more information on special ways to give, please contact the Development Department at (207) 872-0261 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or email Development Director Steve Mayberry.
- Become a volunteer
- Contribute in-kind items
- Events and fundraisers
- Business sponsorships
Suggested list of in-kind items (not for Christmas)
- The Maine Children's Home for Little Wanderers is always accepting donations, particularly of high chairs, strollers, baby swings, baby seats, diapers, and wipes
- New car seats
- Used baby furniture — pristinely clean and in mint or excellent condition (note that these are the only used items accepted year round):
- Cribs (that meet current safety regulations only)
- Changing tables
- Dressers and bureaus
- Used clothing in new or mint condition in sizes newborn to 2 (MUST be mint or new, freshly laundered and free of all soil and stains)
- Beginning in March, we will be accepting household donations in very good to mint condition for our annual yardsale.
Suggested list of Christmas donations
As always, we are accepting donations for the Christmas Program. We happily accept NEW winter clothing and complete outfits in sizes 0-18, NEW Thinsulate lined gloves and mittens, and NEW toys, family games, or sporting goods.
This list is subject to change based on our needs. All items donated for the Christmas Program should be:
- Newly purchased
- In original packaging free of dents, tears or dirt
- Any warm winter appropriate outfit of clothing in sizes 2-12
- Infant and toddler hat and mitten sets
- Thinsulate lined gloves or mittens
- Hand-knit mittens in all sizes
- Coloring books
- Lighted/musical infant and toddler toys, especially Fisher Price and Playskool
- Baby dolls for all ages
- Any Barbie or Hannah Montana doll or their furnishing and vehicles
- Any craft kit for ages 8 and up including boys crafts such as model cars
- Any horse or princess related toy
- Action figures, especially Spiderman and Batman
- Any car, truck, motorcycle, train or airplane
- Any toy depicting popular characters such as Spiderman, Dora, Diego, Elmo, Winnie the Pooh, Handy Manny, Backyardigans, You Gabba Gabba, Wiggles, Transformers, The Cars, etc.