Join Maine Children’s Home and local partners Waterville Creates, Children's Discovery Museum, Bright Beginnings Learning Center, Wyman's, and South End Neighborhood Association for a Community & Family Block Party on Thursday, August 17 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Maine Children's Home campus — 93 Silver Street in Waterville.
This Block Party celebrates the power of outdoor play on the mental well-being and overall health of children, and offers fun activities and resources that support the mission of Maine Children's Home — to build and strengthen families in Maine.
Activities at this family friendly event include:
- An obstacle course sponsored by Ware-Butler Building Supply
- A community art project with Waterville Creates
- Discovery panels by Children’s Discovery Museum
- Sponge-launch art
- Hand and footprint art
- Sidewalk chalk art
- Giant bubbles
- An arts and crafts table
- A sensory station
- A “Bee Wild Mobile” with free activities by Wyman’s Blueberries
- Music by DJ Melbee and Playsteady
- An interactive puppet show by Mr. Sean Presents
- Entertainment by Masked Comic
- Visit with the Waterville Fire Department and their firetruck and the Waterville Police Department and their Mobile Command Unit
And an opportunity to participate in our Summer Fun for Good raffle!
Maine Children's Home's fundraising raffle Summer Fun for Good will have a table of many exciting packages that Block Party attendees can enter to win.
You can participate in the early portion of the raffle that opened on July 26, 2023 by visiting the Summer Fun for Good page through the button below.
We can’t wait to see you and your family there this summer, celebrating the community of Waterville and central Maine!
Want to support this event for your community?
You can support your community by sponsoring this event! To become sponsor, please fill out the Event Sponsorship form HERE.
Want to help us promote this event at your business?
HERE is a downloadable flier that you can print and post in your business or share with others.
This event is made possible by the following sponsors
Golden Pond Wealth Management
Northeast Laboratory Services
Ware-Butler Building Supply
Central Maine Motors Auto Group
Pine Tree Cellular