Anti-racism and protests
We stand with those around the country who are working towards social justice in all ways possible. We support our Black, Indigenous, and POC communities and stand with the #blacklivesmatter movement.
Our mission is to build and strengthen families and their children, instilling hope for the future and a better quality of life. We build multiracial and multicultural families through our adoption program and we lift up individual human beings to empower them, to find their own voice, to see their own beauty in themselves and the beauty in all others through our counseling center and other supportive services.
Below are resources to help talk to your children about racism and the protests going on across our country. Please reach out to us with any questions.
- 27 books to help you talk to your kids about racism
The Newest Flower by Juliese Y. Padgett (proceeds from this book go to MCH)
- What Role Can the Education Community Play to End Racism and Begin Healing?
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- Robin DiAngelo discusses 'White Fragility' Lecture
- How to Be An Anti-Racist by Ibram X. Kendi
- How to Be an Anti-Racist Aspen Institute Lecture
- How Can Parents Make Their Kids Understand How To Be Anti-Racist
- Netflix Documentary: 13th
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- Just Mercy (2019 movie)
- Capitalizing the 'B' in Black by USA Today
- Racial & Ethnic Identity by APA